Sunday, March 8, 2009

What the heck is copyright anyway?

After viewing the video I felt worried that I shouldn't be doing anymore because I didn't want to break the law. So how do I turn it around - Instead of being disempowered by copyright, how do i make this work?
In pondering this question (in response to my own questions), I realize that i am not claiming these ideas as my own, but they are important enough for me to want to pass on. So how do I do this so i can teach this to other teachers and students?
My ideas -
put things into my own words (this also helps make sure I understand it)
make sure I cite it so people can tell where I got it
ask if I'm not sure
learn to live with guilt!
Too bad I can't use "Innocent until proven guilty!"
I'm glad I've learned this because it has made me more aware and cautious and I plan to look into it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment