Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ongoing Professional Development

I reviewed the PD K-12 Online Conference and I particularly like the presentation done by Kathy Cassidy and Patrick Lewis "We Like Our Blogging Buddies: the Write Stuff With Blogging Mentors". The pre teachers in the Faculty of Education and Grade One students join in partnership using blogging. The Grade One students had day-to-day opportunities to practice their literacy skills and the teachers were to see their blogging buddies' writing progress unfold.

This will help teachers improve their teaching abilities. In addition, the presenters stated that the Grade One students became very articulate. I would like to introduce this concept to the NORTEP instructor who instructs teachers on how to improve their teaching ability. This is something I can do in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Arlene,

    I see you are learning lots of new things through technology! You've come a long way since your first online class last winter! I think you have developed a key understanding of the spirit of the online world. Share what you learn with others. Sharing is what it is all about. Keep it up; your students will thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out your wiki today. Great job! It has a clear sequence and I like the timeline you created for learning to use blogs and web 2.0 tools.Gave me ideas on how to work with my own students this term. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete