Saturday, January 31, 2009

To Construct and to Connect Construction that is the Answer!

Wow! I am just amazed at how this course and its contents have validated the way I teach, especially as an Indigenous educator, and how I can co-learn through cyber space. It has enhanced my ability to co-construct knowledge through technology, reflect, and share knowledge. I believe that knowledge is constructed through interaction and listening to others.

The opportunity to read and interact with my classmates’ blogs has significantly enhanced my level of understanding of this course. Technology and the use of wikis and blogs has given me and endless array of cyber critical friends. My students now also have this potential.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Arlene,

    I am amazed by the potential technology has in regards to assist our students and ourselves in gathering knowledge. I am amazed at the skills I have developed just by my willingness to try the new and unknown out. I can relate to your comment about the "endless array of cyber critical friends." Stephen King found m blog to my surprise and made a comment. I was glad to hear from someone I knew. Your blog is great and I hope to see you at grad. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your quote Arlene:
    "It has enhanced my ability to co-construct knowledge through technology, reflect, and share knowledge."
    This is a powerful message and as another colleague stated to me last week, "this all seems very empowering".

    ReplyDelete